GUELPH’S GREAT TREE HUNT – CONTEST RULES
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Guelph’s Great Tree Hunt Contest closes at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on August 3, 2018 . The Sponsor of the Contest is Guelph Urban Forest Friends (GUFF).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all permanent residents of Ontario who are of the age of majority at the time of entry. No purchase is necessary.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: “Entrant” means the person who submits an application and/or photograph through the contest platform at guffguelph.ca/great-tree-hunt-2/ between 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on January 1, 2017 and the Contest End Date. Each photograph submitted by an Entrant counts as an entry into the Contest. There is no limit to the number of entries each Entrant can submit to the Contest.
Photographs must be:
- A maximum of 3 MB;
- In JPEG ( .jpg) format;
- Of a tree located in the city of Guelph that is submitted for entry;
- Void of nudity, foul language, or offensive imagery, all of which will be determined by the GUFF judging panel in its sole discretion.
THE PHOTOGRAPH MUST HAVE BEEN TAKEN BY THE ENTRANT SUBMITTING IT and the photograph must have been taken in Guelph, Ontario.
All photographs become the property of Guelph Urban Forest Friends.
Each entry must include a brief story along the following parameters:
- A minimum of 10 words;
- A maximum of 250 words;
- A true story, to the best of the Entrant’s knowledge
Each entry may be submitted into one (1) of the categories below:
- Best Heritage Tree
- Largest Circumference
- Most Characteristic Tree
- Best Habitat Tree
It is the Entrant’s responsibility to inform GUFF of the category of their submission, otherwise GUFF will place the entry into a category based on their own judgment. Judges reserve the right to place the entry in an appropriate category or remove a photo completely from the Contest should the photo be deemed inappropriate in general or not suitable for the category to which it was submitted. Photographs that are removed from the Contest are not eligible for any prize. Photographs that are placed in another category by the judges are only eligible to win a prize in the category into which the entry has been placed.
4. PUBLICATION AND COPYRIGHT
By submitting any photograph to the Contest, the Entrant grants GUFF a world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy,reproduce adapt, transmit, communicate, publicly display and perform, distribute and create compilations and derivate works or merchandise from any such submitted photograph to promote the Contest without any further compensation. By submitting a photograph to the Contest, the Entrant represents and warrants that s/he owns all the proprietary and intellectual property rights in the photograph/image and has the right to grant the license as set out above and further agrees to hold GUFF harmless for any claims or liability from or related to the use of the photograph.
5. PRIVACY: By entering this Contest, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you by GUFF for the purpose of administering this Contest.